We invite you to view this page frequently for our office’s updates, as they relate to COVID-19. Please call with any questions.
October 27, 2020
Paul S. Herrin D.D.S. Is Reopening!
How safe is our office? VERY!! While our office was closed this spring due to COVID-19 restrictions, I spent weeks studying what we needed to do to open safely. Most of our infection control procedures were effective, some were changed and others were added.
I researched with the American Dental Association® (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Missouri Department of Health and the St Louis County Health Department. Even now I keep up with the ever-changing recommendations regarding COVID-19.
This week I had an interesting phone call with a physician from the Missouri Department of Health. He reported that there have been NO CASES OF COVID-19 in the state of Missouri that have been traced back to a dental office. This includes patients AND employees!
I am proud of my staff and their diligence in adhering to our strict infection control procedures. Their work, on a daily basis is key to protecting everyone in the office. If you have any questions or concerns please call our office at 314.921.0070 or email at [email protected]
OUR MISSION IS TO KEEP OUR PATIENTS HEALTHY!
Dr. Paul Herrin
Enhanced Infection Control
I’ve done countless hours of research regarding infection control in the dental office. We are following recommendations from some of the top researchers in infection control. These sources include: the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). My highest goal is to protect the health of our patients and my staff.
- Each day, employees and I will have our health reviewed, along with temperature and blood oxygen levels.
- Before entering the office, you will have a COVID-19 history, temperature check, and blood oxygen level. You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering as you enter and leave the office.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the office. No visitors will be allowed in the waiting room or office.
- We will be wearing surgical coats and caps, gloves, masks and face shields (as needed). You will be given eye protection.
- A germ-killing mouthwash (21.6% Ethanol) will be used before treatment.
- During procedures requiring water, a high-volume suction will be used to reduce aerosols.
- Our protective attire will be removed before leaving the treatment room.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands before leaving the office.
- Treatment room surfaces will be disinfected between patients.
- An air disinfectant will be sprayed.
- Our HVAC system has an ultraviolet (UV) light to disinfect the air.
- Each treatment room has a HEPA filter and UV light unit to disinfect the air.
- Multiple times a day, we will be disinfecting the air, door handles and bathroom.
These procedures may be modified as our understanding of the COVID-19 virus progresses. We are excited to see you again.
Dr. Paul Herrin and Staff