We invite you to view this page frequently for our office’s updates, as they relate to COVID-19. Please call with any questions.
Paul S. Herrin D.D.S. Is Reopening!
To all our patients, please know that you are missed, and we are grateful for your return. Our community has been through a lot of over the past few months, and we are looking forward to the return of our new “normal.”
The practice opened on Tuesday, May 26, and our staff will be calling you regarding your next appointment. We appreciate your understanding as we rework the schedule to accommodate patients with the most urgent needs. Imagine rescheduling three months of appointments … we will get there! Dr. [doctor_last] will continue to see emergency patients. Please call him at home (314-322-3440) with your concerns.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Here is what you can expect at your next appointment:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- If you have any type of cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, or fever — even if you feel it is seasonal allergies — we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- When you arrive at our office, please call and let us know that you are in the parking lot.
- Our staff will come to your car and ask questions about your health, and take your temperature and blood oxygen level.
- Only patients will be allowed to enter the office.
- You are asked to wear your face covering and sanitize your hands as you enter and leave the office.
- Our staff’s health will be screened daily.
- Protective clothing will be enhanced for your protection and ours.
- We are disinfecting our rooms between patients and sanitizing air from our HVAC system.
- Additional infection control information follows on the second page.
Please know that above all else, we are excited to be seeing you again at our office. Together, we can make it the best appointment ever!
Dr. Paul Herrin and Staff
Enhanced Infection Control
I’ve done countless hours of research regarding infection control in the dental office. We are following recommendations from some of the top researchers in infection control. These sources include: the American Dental Association® (ADA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). My highest goal is to protect the health of our patients and my staff.
- Each day, employees and I will have our health reviewed, along with temperature and blood oxygen levels.
- Before entering the office, you will have a COVID-19 history, temperature check, and blood oxygen level. You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- You are asked to wear a face covering as you enter and leave the office.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the office. No visitors will be allowed in the waiting room or office.
- We will be wearing surgical coats and caps, gloves, masks, and face shields (as needed). You will be given eye protection.
- A germ-killing mouthwash (4% carbamide peroxide) will be used before treatment.
- During procedures requiring water, a high-volume suction will be used to reduce aerosols.
- Our protective attire will be removed before leaving the treatment room.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands before leaving the office.
- Treatment room surfaces will be disinfected between patients.
- An air disinfectant will be sprayed.
- Our HVAC system has an ultraviolet (UV) light to disinfect the air.
- Each treatment room has a HEPA filter and UV light unit to disinfect the air.
- Multiple times a day, we will be disinfecting the air, door handles and bathroom.
These procedures may be modified as our understanding of the COVID-19 virus progresses. We are excited to see you again.
Dr. Paul Herrin and Staff